Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cabinet Building, Part 2

Between the last two nights, I finished building 16 of the 18 cabinets.  I wish I had kept track of the total time it took to build them.  I'm thinking 12-13 hours, but that's not totally accurate, as I was also cleaning viruses off a computer for a client.

If I could add sound to this without annoying people, it would be the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"

The last 2 cabinets that still need to be built, are the largest and heaviest; the corner base cabinets.  One has a lazy Susan, the other has a pull-out organizer.  It's questionable that they'll get through the basement doorway, so they will be built upstairs, when they're ready.

The mounting hardware... is mounting.

So now that the cabinet frames are built, I have a pool table ping-pong table workbench full of drawer fronts, doors, toe kicks, cover panels, plinths, feet, hinges, dampers, and whatever miscellaneous trim and finish pieces will be necessary.

Fronts and trim pieces on the table.  Last 2 cabinets in the box in the lower left corner.

The bad news is, procrastinating time is over.  I'm pretty much running out of small things that can be done without permits.  Soon, I will have to bite the bullet and go get the permits to get this thing really rolling.  That will please Sarah greatly.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny to me that Sarah wants you to get going with the permits. My wife starts frowning when I just mention finishing the repair / remodeling projects around the house. :)

    ReplyDelete